Monday, January 28, 2013

Music Matters Monday: She Drives Me Crazy

So, this happened....a tweet-ersation with @DaleAnnePotter :) ...

...which led to an idea... I am going to start --> Music Matters Monday. 
Why Music Matters?
Music does matter. To me. It always has, ever since I was a wee gal. Not just listening to my parents albums, but also throwing myself on the sofa with the album covers reading all the lyrics & picking my favorite words. I used one of Jethro Tulls songs as an English writing project when I was in the 5th grade.
Music Matters. It makes me happy. Even the sad, gloomy songs. It's a warped kind of happy, but I'm not picky about it since those happy moments are so fleeting.

I have an eclectic taste in music.
And when I'm alone I will listen to it all. 
But when the family is all together, most of the time it's on Christian music or Jazz or Classical.
...or the Kiddos playlist...which includes a couple of pink floyd tunes, naturally. ;)

It's rare when I want or need the tunes off. But there are those times when I can't be bothered with anything...not even music. But even when I'm in a weird, noiseless place, music matters...to me.

Now, why Monday? 
Because It's starts with the Letter M, lol ...and because I'm attempting to make Monday non-lame ;)



Moving forward with that....
Like I said in my tweet with Dale, a lyrical journal has been on my mind since forever. 
Not sure why I haven't created one until now, but that's neither here nor there at this point.

On Mondays, my goal is to share an AJ page & a song that may or may not reflect it. lol
There's no particular rhyme or reason to any of this except to satisfy my being.
:)

Welcome to Music Matters Monday!




Taking it back to late 80's!

Fine Young Cannibals
"She Drives Me Crazy"


Thanks for dropping by! 
Toodles!

K



4 comments:

  1. What a great idea and I love that song (haven't listened to it for ages). Love your page too. It's great just to celebrate something you love just for the sake of it isn't it? I don't think we do that enough. We get caught up in the busyness! I love music too so will be stopping by on a Monday to listen and look. I found you via daisyyellowsquare blog link list. I am playing along with her 21 kindesses and 21 comments on a blog we haven't visited before. So Hello. Toodles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan! Glad you stopped by! Glad you enjoyed the song! & I adore Tammys blog over at DaisyYellow:) See ya Monday!

      Delete
  2. AWESOME! Journal page is LOVELY and Music Mondays has a nice ring to it.
    Glad I could get you inspired to start!!!

    ReplyDelete